Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Not Mine, But Yours

Last night was my first of many weekly holy hours.  I was doing some spiritual reading and thinking over my day, and a thought just kinda hit me.
God's plans are always better.
I think this crossed my mind because last week, my brother texted me to tell me that he was coming up for a business meeting, so he wanted to meet for coffee "on tuesday" (aka, yesterday).  This weekend, he texted again to let me know that he had to cancel his plans to come because he was just way too busy.  I was bummed, but I understood.  Well, yesterday ended up being crazy for me: I had a last-minute appointment, a last-minute phone call, a project due, and I had to switch classes around for the day.  If David had come, I would have had to cancel on him, and that would have been even more disappointing.

Obviously, this isn't the most amazing example, but it's the one I just lived through, so it's fresh in my mind.  Do I always live like God knows best?  Heck, no!  I wish....

I've been awaiting a decision on something, and I just (15 minutes ago) received the answer.  It was a disappointing answer.  I thought I saw so clearly what God was asking of me, and I was ready (and excited) to jump right in to that, but quite honestly, he turned that upside down.  Last time I talked to this person who gave the answer, she asked me to close our conversation in prayer, and I asked God that whatever the outcome was, we would be at peace with it.  Ha, I'm not at peace at all right now.  Hopefully that'll come with time.  But, like the rest of my life, I'm making my motto "trust, trust, trust".
All in His timing.

Not my will, but Thine be done.
xoxo,

1 comment: