Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Musings: Vol. 5

Time and Place... 4:13 pm, the library

What I can hear...  Grace sketching of Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” and this: 
This past week... Whew.  So much this past week.  It’s been a week of ‘lasts’: last one of each of my classes, last Sunday brunch, last Liturgy Committee meeting… yeah. It’s bittersweet.

I've been reading... The Catechism and Canon Law (for finals, of course.  I wish I was cool enough to make those my choices for casual reading.)

Recent realization... 8 days.  8 freaking days left in Austria.  that is all.

I'm oh-so-grateful for... chocolate and coffee, and my awesome roommate Grace.  She’s been such a blessing this semester, and I don’t even want to think about not seeing her for 3 months this summer.  waahhhh… I’ll miss you, girl!  Prepare yourself for frequent visits in your room next semester.

yeah, we've had a lot of fun in Europe together :)

Next week... 3 days of finals, 1 full day of cleaning and packing, 1 (literally, purposely*) sleepless night, 3 days in IRELAND, 16 straight hours of travel, and home.  Yes.  It’ll be one heck of a week.
(* since most people are flying directly home, we have a midnight mass and then they keep us up and drive us right to the airport around 2:30 am.  It should help with jet-lag in the States.  Unless, of course, you’re making another stop before the States, as we are.  So basically, we’ll be 5 completely exhausted, brainless, wanderers meandering around Ireland.  Hey, I’ll take it.)

I'm looking forward to... Right now, I’m really, really looking forward to Ireland.  It’s been my dream since I was 7 to go there, and Irish Dancing for 11 years definitely helped that wish increase.  Homeland, here I come!!

And last but certainly not least, prayers for my sister, brother-in-law, and their 5 kiddos, as they've all caught a stomach bug.  Not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment