Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finis

Everyone, I'm done.  I'm officially finished with my freshman year of college.  So now I've got a question: Where did the time go?

I was told that as I got older, time would fly by faster.  At the time, I thought nothing of it.  But now, I'm not so sure I like that.

It didn't really dawn on me how fast time was a-flyin' by until my mom texted me a impromptu picture of the family the other day.  My oldest niece, who is 10 1/2, had grown at least 5 inches since I last saw her! No exaggeration, I kid you not, she's over 5' tall!!  Since when is that allowed to happen?  It was also very clear that one of my nephews had grown a significant amount as well.  And I'm positive that when I see them all next weekend, it'll be crystal clear that they've all grown.  I don't like this growing thing.  It means that soon I'll be a short aunt.  Not cool guys, not cool.

I leave for home tomorrow.  I leave for Seattle in 8 days.  I graduate from college in 3 years.

3 years.

That's really not all that much time.

I've been thinking about time.  How we really don't have that much time here on earth.  How we should make the most of the time that we do have, because it'll be gone in an instant.

My sister-in-law posted some of her bucket list on her blog (go check it out!) yesterday.  I started my "dream list" a couple months ago, and had been thinking of posting it, but she made me decide to go ahead.  (Thanks!)  Sooooo..... keep a look out for a bright new shiny tab up above just for my dream list.  ;)

I'll keep you all posted over the next couple days about the prep for my trip.  I appreciate your prayers as I come down the final stretch!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment