Thursday, March 1, 2012

If you stand for nothing....

....you'll fall for anything, or so the saying goes.

So, I'm going to concretely stand for something this summer.  Actually, to be more specific, I'm going to walk for something.

This summer, I am going to walk on Crossroads.

Some of you are probably wondering what this is, or what exactly it entails.  Well, let me tell you!
walking from Seattle --> DC
Daily mass
Weekly talks at parishes
Weekend prayers at local abortion clinics
12 weeks
3200 miles per group
1000 miles per person
1 RV
8-15 team members
2 tired feet
Thousands of lives touched

That's my summer!  It'll be quite the hiking trip.  :P  I'm taking part in the Northern route, but there also 3 other walks throughout the country.  It is such a blessing to be able to take part in this!
~~~~~~~~~~
I've been thinking a lot lately about journeys.  You know, we always say that life is a journey, but our relationship with God is a journey as well.  And part of the journey of life is living in the present moment.  As I was telling someone just today, if you were on a car trip, you'd want to look out the window at the passing scenery, and not just close your eyes and think about the destination.  Part of your trip is the traveling experience.  I think that's the way our spiritual journey is, as well.  In light of the physical and spiritual journeys that I will be taking this summer, and looking forward to other journeys that I may take in the future, I am going to be changing the name of my blog.  (The web address, however, will stay the same.)  But I don't know what it will be changing to, as yet. :)  I have to think it out, bounce ideas off people.... actually, if any of you have ideas, please comment below!  I'd love some thoughts!

Well, anyways, that's my exciting news.  Please pray for me as I begin my preparations (physical conditioning included!).  And if anyone has questions about Crossroads, or anything else, let me know- I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

xoxo,


ps- If you're interested, here is the Crossroads website: http://www.crossroadswalk.org/

1 comment:

  1. I like Faint Hue of Grace ... after all, isn't part of the journey, reaching for the grace? Sometimes the grace is SO apparent, but mostly it's really just "a faint hue" that we have to remember to open our hearts to, remember to ask for, remember to reach for. The grace is always there, but do we remember to embrace it & welcome it into our lives? My vote: don't change the name - depending on the angle from which you approach it, I think Faint Hue of Grace has much to do w/ the journey!

    ReplyDelete